Ras MalaiCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Ras Malai: Creamy, cardamom-flavored paneer dessert with healthful nuts & saffron. Best savored in moderation!
2 litre milk
Vinegar/ Lemon juice
- Firstly, get 1 litre of milk to a boil stirring in between to prevent it from burning.
- Add 2 tbsp vinegar and give stir and you will notice the milk starts to curdle.
- Add 1 more tbsp of vinegar and stir until the milk curdles fully separating water.
- Drain off the water over the thin cloth
- Squeeze the paneer gently and hang for 30 minutes.
- Now take the moist paneer and crumble gently.
- Using the palm, start to knead gently. Make the flattened paneer ball and cover with a moist cloth.
- Next heat 1-litre milk and add few saffron. Stir and get the milk to a boil.
- Continue to cook until the milk thickens slightly.
- Now add ½ cup jaggery powder and continue to boil.
- Add cardamom powder and 2 tbsp nuts. Mix well
- Now pour the milk on flattened paneer disc and let it soak for 3-4 hours
Links to this Evergreen Note