About the speaker: ElsaMarie D’Silva is currently the Founder & CEO of Red Dot Foundation (Safecity), a platform that documents sexual harassment and abuse in public spaces. She is a 2020 Gratitude Network Fellow & 2019 International Women’s Forum Fellow, 2019 Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellow, 2018 Yale World Fellow, 2017 Stanford Draper Hills Summer School Fellow, 2017 Chevening Gurukul Fellow at Oxford University, 2016 Rotary Peace Fellow, 2015 Aspen New Voices Fellow, 2014 Vital Voices Lead Fellow and an alumna of the Swedish Institute (2012) and the US Department of State’s Fortune Program (2016) and a participant of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2016. She is also the Curator of #TEDxVersova.
What will you learn? In this session, you will learn about:
- What is a fellowship? Why are foundations giving them? What are foundations looking for?
- Branding: How to define your brand?
- Marketing: How comfortable are we in engaging with the external world – speaking in public, putting our thoughts on social media, crafting an opinion, writing an article? Are we comfortable with diverse views and opinions?
Key highlights of the event
- Passion is not enough to make an impactful change in society: In addition to passion, you need a strong will power to take the risks and intent! There is a lot of information and hands-on learning opportunities, leverage them.
- On fellowships: Fellowships do help in building your brand but do your homework. Ask around. Ask the people who have had the same fellowship before about it and then only invest your time in it.
- Overcome hesitation to build your own brand: You are your own best resource. Develop that identity so that people believe in you, align with your cause, and learn from you. The starting point is to get your value system right.
See full recording of the webinar below