About the speaker: Latika Thukral, a former SVP with Citibank, left her banking career to establish iamgurgaon as one of the co-founders in 2008. She moved to Gurgaon in 1996 and witnessed the transformation from a small sleeping town to the advent of haphazard growth and decided to embark on this citizen movement of making a difference to the city through collaboration. The iamgurgaon team along with various stakeholders were able to create a 380 acres city forest (Aravali Bio Diversity Park) carved out of a mining and stone crushing site. The team continues to work towards their goal of Million Trees Gurgaon (one of the flagship campaigns) by planting local native species in the city. Latika was also conferred with the inaugural Nari Shakti Award by President of India in 2015. She has also been awarded appreciation award by Government of Haryana in 2010, the L’Oréal Femina Women of Substance in 2014 and Most Powerful Women in Social Sector by Business Today in 2018.
What will you learn: In this session you’ll learn about:
- How did she left her career is banking to enter into sustainability sector
- How did iamgurgaon came into existence?
- What are the initiatives iamgurgaon has undertaken so far and impact it has created
- Importance of sustainability
- How citizens can be more involved to make a difference in their local communities