Raising children without gender stereotypes
About the speaker: Meghna Chaudhury runs Weunlearn.org, a Harvard incubated intervention that uses a conversational chatbot to empower adolescents to lead gender equitable lives. She consults with another Innovation project on designing a free mobile Android game for boys to understand sexual and reproductive health. Previously she launched ‘The Irrelevant Project’ that aims to eliminate gender biases, stereotypes, and prejudices among children through fiction books. She has published five feminist picture books for children, and has 9.5 years of work experience in the development sector. Meghna is an Ashoka University 2015 Young India Fellow.
What will you learn: In this podcast, you’ll learn about:
- What is the gender stereotyping?
- Why is it important to talk about this behavior very early on? Why does it matter?
- What is gender-neutral parenting? When should one start?
- What are the strategies for Gender-Neutral Parenting?
- What are the ways in which children can benefit from Gender-Neutral toys and activities?
- Resources like books or toys or media that working parents can use to teach their children how to overcome biases and stereotypes