Buckwheat Groats Millet
Buckwheat Groats MilletCourse: SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Buckwheat Groats Millet (soaked overnight)
2 cups of water
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon oil
Salt to taste
1 medium lemon (juiced)
Corrainder leaves for garnishing
- Soak theBuckwheat overnight so that they don’t become too sticky.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker and then add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, salt
- When seeds start to crackle, then, add the soaked buckwheat groats millet and stir for a few seconds.
- Add 1.5 cup water as well as salt and mix.
- Pressure cook on medium heat for a whistle and then lower the heat and simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and then allow the cooker to cool down completely.
- Add lemon juice as well as chopped coriander.
- You can make porridge, use as rice replacement, crush it into powder and make cookies/cakes etc.
- I got it from Amazon India. I am assuming it would be available in US too – https://www.amazon.in/Sattvic-Foods-Organic-Gluten-Buckwheat/dp/B01EEGXDF4?th=1
- There are 4 other millets that I am going to try from Sadguru (Isha Foundation) – https://www.ishalife.com/in/natural-foods/grains-millets/millets
Links to this Evergreen Note